#2

Virginia had her 2 month appointment today and thoughts about me

Virginia is fabulous!!!

She's 2 months and 4 days now and she had her 2month aptmt today. She's now 23 inches and 12 lbs. :) Such a growing baby girl!!! She also had to get 2 shots. :( She did well but I felt so bad after she get the shots and her face turned bright red and she started crying. I picked her up and held her close. I got her to stop crying pretty soon but it was still sad. She's been resting today and seems to be fine. The doctor showed us some sitting up tricks for her and ways to strengthen her trunk and neck. She's so cute sitting up. She sat in her purple bumbo for the first time tonight and it's so cute!! Pics to come!!!

Also, we were in Florida with my aunt and uncle last week and it was a nice break. The weather was warm and we all enjoyed the pool and ocean. Virginia wore cute sun hats and sunglasses. PICS to come!!! She fell asleep so easily beside the ocean! It was relaxing for her! Now we're just trying to get our house organized and cleaned up before going to visit more family soon! So much going on but DH and I are enjoying our time together now before the holidays and before we both find jobs. We are looking though......I'd love for DH to get a job beginning sometime in January and then me sometime later in the spring or such......It would be great if I could line it up now though....I've applied a few places and contacted some of my contacts who are interested in me working for them or with some of their contacts so we'll see.

I'm trying to get back into the gym and working out and running. I have about 20 lbs to lose and it's so frustrating since so many of my pants don't fit. And the ones that do I have a muffin top on top of them....which is new to me as I was always really slim in the middle and I would gain in the hips/thighs naturally. So now I need to loose a little in both areas but I'm also thrilled with my smallish stomach for someone that just had a baby. But I am frustrated about the weight and clothes not fitting. So I printed out my workout chart to be accountable and go a few times a week so I can loose the weight and get back into those skinny jeans and run another 10miler by May!!! Cheer me on ladies! I need to loose this weight.

And I told DH today I'd like us to have his sister baby sit for us the day before or 2 days after new years so we can go on a date- so hopefully we'll have a date soon! That will be fun and dressing up sexy will be nice!!!

Anyway, hope you are all well!
Kitty

1 comment:

Lauren said...

You'll lose it Kitty. You're only 2 months postpartum! But hey, I totally understand because I'll be the same way - just frustrated that I still have extra weight. I'm slim (or was before being pregnant:), but I've always had to be very conscious of staying that way because I don't have a very fast metabolism. I gain weight very easily and have a hard time losing it. I have a feeling it'll be quite awhile before I fit into my pre-pregnancy pants.