#2

V Updates: It's been too long and I'll even mention sex

It's been way too long and it's late but here are some big updates for little V!!!

a) Started crawling on June 17th, just 1 week after her 8mth birthday
b) Same time she started crawling she started pulling up to standing and can stand (she stands a lot now) We are told all the time that she will walk soon. Our neice walked at 9.5 mths.
c) She has 2 teeth and is starting to chew food like peaches, puffs(she's obsessed), apples
d) She says mama, dada, hi, Bye, kittycat, and my parents are trying to teach her bug
e) She's still so amazing and has so much personality
f) She will be 9 mths old tomorrow- Happy 9mth birthday V!!! I can't believe it's so close to 1 year. My baby girl is growing quickly.

We got professional photos done and we should have possession of them soon! They are so good!

We are doing well. My work has gotten busy and I worked way too many hours this week. I missed my time with V so much. DH seems to be doing a little better which is good but this was after 1 big fight and a few talks. I think he's seeming more and more like himself. Still job hunting. His dad is doing better and we are really hoping he'll be home in 3-4wks. He's very close to coming off the ventilator...working up to 12-16hrs off a day. Keep thinking of him.

Sex- so I hear breast feeding kills your libido. And I'm also on the mini-pill, which if it's like regular birth control, it also kills your libido. Put that on top of 2 layoffs, a FIL in the hospital/rehap for 4.5 mths, and just having a baby in the last year and you basically have NO SEX. We need to work on this I know. Lately I've had it on my mind and think about doing something to initate  it but DH is already asleep or ready to go to bed. So I don't act on it. Must work on this. Sex is vital for any good marriage. For a good Sex blog posting-  go visit The Heir to Blair!  Anybody have advice or can relate to this?> Tell me about your sex life after a baby or layoff.

Off to bed! Will post more pics soon! Here are 2 from our early June beach trip!
Kitty

2 comments:

gee said...

sex!?!?! don't do such thing. i have to admit i feel sorry for the hubs. i fall asleep so darn early that when he tries i get mad and yell at him lol. if anything sex will fit in about every 2 months...sad. i guess i can blame it on bfing lol.

glad to hear things that father in law is doing better. still in my thoughts.

can't wait to see those pics. take care!!!

Amanda said...

If we manage to do it twice a month, we think that we are on a roll.

When I went to my postpartum appt, my OB asked me about birth control (again) and the nurse laughed real loud and said "ABSTINENCE!" I didn't get the joke at first, but I do now.