#2

Updates on us before 2011!




So here are the updates on us and what's been going on:

1) We spent a week at the warm, sunny beach with my family for Thanksgiving week before going to see my DH's family. The beach was great, relaxing and V had another wonderful time in the sand. She was so cute and I'll have to share pics soon.

2) Virginia started walking on Dec 8, 2 days before her 14mth birthday. Apparently I started walking at 14mths also. She's a great walker and so super cute! She also says so many words, can point and say animal names and some sounds in books, can name some foods, face parts, etc. She also says thank you, and we're working on please, not throwing and not crying for our way. :)

3) Virginia recently had a cold and was not feeling well. She had a hard time during the day and was quite fussy and needy. Now Momma is trying to get over the cold and is suffering through it. Hopefully we're almost on the mend.

4) Work is going well and I'm thankful for my job! I pray this opportunity continues for as long as I'd like!

5) DH is still looking for work and this is growing harder and harder on both of us. He continues to apply to jobs and I think it becomes more and more frustrating to either not hear back form jobs or hear something about not being qualified, or over qualified, or we picked someone else or whatever else comes back if anything at all. And honestly I'm tired of people asking but also am glad they ask and don't ignore. I suppose I'd be ok if they didn't ask and instead offered a referral or useful piece of info for him. DH wants to work and is growing more and more weary about jobs these days....who wouldn't after all the looking he's been doing. And I'm tired of family asking about it.....you know, honestly, very few people join 10 clubs and go "network" with the world.....or go volunteer at every organization in town....plus he's taking care of our child during the day....a very hard job....but anyway, he's doing what he can and we try to come up with new ideas weekly.

6) I believe the lack of employment for DH has rubbed off on his ego and personality. We are finding it harder to get along some days and often argue. No we aren't headed for divorce but it's definitely a strain.....we'll get through it but having 2 layoff and being new parents all in 1 year is a tough year. Our child is the biggest blessing ever and she keeps us going most of all but it's still tough.

7) Health wise- our parents are doing well. DH's dad is doing well, still growing stronger but doing so much now having been home almost 6 months after all he went through. My dad is doing well too and no recent changes with his protein levels or kidney functions.

8) We are getting ready for the holidays and looking forward to some relaxing family time. Although we did just argue last night about how we spend the holidays and my DH thought his family got slighted this year....his feelings are that the actual day of the holiday is the most important to him whereas I don't feel that way mostly bc my family waits for our arrival so we can all celebrate whatever holiday together.DH's family does not wait for us so when we arrive, if it's that afternoon or the next day (depending on the year) we missed it and feel the miss. Anyway, don't want to get into that but I imagine some of you can relate.

9) 2010 has been an interesting and really good year. Virginia was our major blessing for 2009 and 2010. She's the coolest kid ever! She's so very funny, smart, cute, sweet, child and we are so thankful for her!

10) For 2010 I wish for a great job opportunity for my DH, one where he can grow, learn, and enjoy himself. I believe it is his time for this! I also wish for a strong loving year of marriage for us. This past year we had to be strong, but this next year I want it to only be a strong year for love! I also hope we'll be ready to add to our family come fall/winter of 2011. (good health insurance with DH's new job will be a major plus for expected prenatal care and such) :)

Happy Holidays everyone! I plan to be back to regular blogging very soon!! So stay tuned!

:) Kitty

1 comment:

Lauren said...

I hope DH finds a job, and that things improve between you two soon! I can imagine the strain. It would happen to anybody - things will get better!

Are you hoping to get pregnant in the fall/winter, or actually give BIRTH then??