So it's interesting that I seem to get more texts/emails/calls in a day since I've gone past my due date then I did almost the whole time I was going through my suspected ectopic pregnancy/ending of it once I had the methotrexate shot. How sad!~ Why are people more interested in my dialation and contraction status than when I was going through one of the hardest times in my life. I find this really sad and almost disgusting. Are people really that naive/unable to help others when they are vulnerable, sad, hurting and need support??? Something is wrong with this picture. I understand the thoughts that people are more likely to join in exciting times but what about lending support when it's truly needed? What does this say about our society? What does this say about people and helping others? I was thinking about this last night and simply wanted to post about it. I'm saddened by the truth of this.
Until next time,
Kitty :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
I think people just really don't know what to say when someone is going through something hard, and they are very worried about saying the wrong thing or getting in the way or "bothering" the person. It doesn't mean they are self absorbed (necessarily), but just that they don't know how to handle it and think you'd probably rather be left alone with your grief, and that you have closer people to talk to. There should be training on that.
That being said, I never bother the people who are pregnant as they near or pass their due dates. Most people don't want to keep dealing with people asking them if they're "still" pregnant.
Post a Comment