#2

Mother's Day and V is 7 months old today!~

Mother's Day and the whole weekend was terrific!

Friday- I ended up hanging with a friend and other mommies/girls for a girl's night out with Karaoke at their neighborhood pub! So incredibly fun!! Saturday we were able to sleep in and then ran some errands/bought V a baby pool for the backyard and had DH's family come over in the afternoon (including his mom for the first time in over 8 wks since his dad has been in the hospital) and she stayed for the night. DH's sister babysat for us that night and we went and had a nice dinner where DH surprised me with a big mother's day gift. I thought my flowers earlier in the week were the gift, but oh no. He gave me a Diamond solataire necklace, yes DIAMOND necklace! It is so beautiful and I was completely surprised. It is supposed to be a special momento for mother's day and as my baby pushing present!  And it represents our special family. He said it would be a great gift to pass down to V later on and let her know it was given to me for my 1st mother's day/push present because of her!!! :)  Then we met friends out to hear our wedding band!! It was so incredibly fun!

I was so tired the next day but put on a happy face. :) Two nights out is a lot of work! :) Sunday , we hung out more with DH's family and his mom was even in town.  The first time she's done anything but go to the hospital for the last 8 weeks. It was an emotional day for her, being away from her husband, being with us and erverything going on with DH's dad. But glad she was there. Brother in law cooked a big breakfast/lunch and it was fun. Then home by 3 and nap and time with V. Then we went and met my parents and brother an gf. It was fun. V got to ride in a fire truck (brother is a volunteer) and she LOVED it! We have pics and it was so cute!

DH's dad is still in the hospital and back in intensive care. We hope he will be moving out of ICU soon and moving ahead. It's been a long 8wks and everyone is nervous and his mom looked so tired and out of it. Very sad. Please pray for DH's dad.

V is 7 months old today! It is so hard to believe. DH and I took her to Baby time at the nearby library and it was so fun. He took her last week but today was my first time and it was GREAT! I was forunate to have a slower day and be able to use my lunchtime to do this! I loved it and I smiled so much my cheeks hurt! I hope to do this more and use my lunch time as a break for she and I to go do this super fun thing!

Virginia is absolutely amazing! She's everything I could have ever dreamed about in a daughter and so much more!!! She's so sweet in every way and I already feel we have a wonderful relationship.

For all my friends still TTC- hang in there and don't ever give up! A child is worth every trial you go through and I wish for many children for all of you! Happy mother's day to everyone with children. (1 day late)

1 comment:

Just Believing said...

yeah glad you had a great weekend i cant believe v is already 7 months old! how the time flies!