#2

We have news and I'm going to try and write more! :)

Hi everyone,

We have some great news. DH was offered a position and has started working!!! Yes, he has a job after about 20mths of being unemployed and searching all the time. He was offered a contract/paid internship for an MBA grad with work experience for a great company that he's enjoying so far. Today is just day 4 but so far so good! Please keep thinking of us and pray it turns full time with benefits!
Benefits, that brings me to my next topic. Since we pay for our own benefits since I'm contract and he is also now for work they won't let us add a maternity rider except at these 3 times: Within 30days of marriage, at start of new policy or at open enrollment in Nov which would then start Jan 1st. When you buy individual health insurance you have to have a maternity rider PRIOR to getting prego. So I have to add it before TTC but don't want to wait until Jan. We'd like to start TTC around Oct. so I have to switch companies (once they approve me and give me a rate) and switch to them but since the only other company in my state that offers individual health insurance plans doesn't offer maternity riders I then have to apply and get accepted to switch back to the original provider but start my new plan and add the maternity rider. How crappy is all that work....but that's the system so that's what I'm doing.
Virginia is doing AMAZING!! She's 21 months old and doing the following: speaking in sentences, asking and telling us all sorts of things, singing songs to family like the happy birthday song, putting on shoes, pee peeing on the potty voluntairly, loving her babies, feeding her babies, identifying everything in books, and growing like a weed! She's still so sweet but defintely has a fiesty impatient side like her momma and daddy. :) We aodre her more and more each day and she's truly the biggest joy to us!

Now that DH is working and I work upstairs, we are interviewing nannies/sitters for taking care of V in the mornings from about 8:30-1:30 and then it's her nap time. Then when she wakes up around 4:30 or later I'll be done and take over. I'm working on having all friday mornings with her and my mom may take a day too. So far we've interviewed one girl that we adored! We'll keep you posted on this. I know it will be a transition but it will also be great to have another teacher/friend for her.
We had some professional pictures taken of our family when V was 18mths old back in April. Here are some or you to see!
I'm working on training for a 10mile running race in October but falling a little behind. I did a few before being pregnant with V and I want to be in that shape again. So this is my push before TTC. Wish my luck! I'm really excited about TTC again and it feels like it's all lining up now that DH got a job. I think we're all feeling good again. :)


Nothing real new on the adoption stuff other than I'm probably going to get my med history and some info from my birth mother on the first 4 months we spent together. We communicate via a person from the agency and I think I'll keep it that way. I've seen pics, gotten 2 letters and I think this is the only way I'll do it. I really don't think about it much except when I get new info which isn't very often and honestly, that's how I want it to be. I'm not sure what I'll share about me and my family if anything so we'll just have to see.
Thanks for hanging in there with me! I'll be writing more now.

:) Kitty









2 comments:

Lauren said...

That is great news about DH finding a job! Hopefully it goes full time!

That's frustrating about the maternity benefits. Seriously, so annoying.

I'm glad to finally see an update on you guys, and I'm glad things are going well!!

Lauren said...

And apparently your blog is one of the ones I can comment on. I can't even comment on my OWN blog unless I use Anonymous or Name/Url. Ridiculous.