Drove back home early and went in for a baseline US to make sure things were back to normal after wht they thought would have been my AF. Ovaries looked like normal and lining about where it should be back to and the nurse said to wait for the blood work results but prepare to take femara tonight.
But.....then got a call about my bloodwork and on the phone was my RE and not the nurse. My levels went back up (now at 22) which may mean it's in my tubes and is ectopic. Typically levels continue going down unless ecoptic at this point. We are praying that levels are lower on Thursday which will be the absolute best outcome and best late Christmas present ever. If they have not dropped/decreased then they say I need a methotrexate shot as it will be labeled an ectopic pregnancy and they need to clear it out so it doesn't damage my tubes. It's a chemotherapeutic injection which will basically make all tissue disentegrate or such. Only thing is since it's a chemotherapeutic drug my RE says I should then wait 2 or 3 mths to try again. Better for my eggs since the maturing eggs will be affected by the chemo. And I'll have to have another HSG dye test done to ensure my tubes are clear after all of this. He says we caught this early enough and levels are low enough that I shouldn't have damage or an erruption in my tubes but if we wait that could have happened if this is an ectopic pregnancy. A bit scary but glad he told me that we should be fine-tube wise.
This is definitely a little overwhelming. I was hoping/expecting for a 0 level HCG blood draw and clear US so I could start femara tonight and get back to TTC. Instead we now have something completely opposite---higher levels. Please pray the levels go down and I don't get the shot, expose my body, and wait to continue TTC.
What a whirlwind. I just want to move foward and try again to get pregnant! This has been a crazy whirlwind and I'm ready to get back on a normal plan for TTC. Please let the levels drop on their own. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment