I got a call at about 2pm today and it was my RE. I was told they may not have my results until 3pm so 2 was a little early.(I'm waiting for the HCG level to know whether or not I have an ectopic pregnancy or not.) I was hoping it was good news and that my hcg was low and we didn't have to wait on the other blood results since I wouldn't need the shot if hcg was lower. Well hcg was now 78. It had more than doubled in 2 days, about tripled. So it was growing faster and he suggested I get the shot right away. I agreed as I didn't want to push any limits with my tubes and my life and went in and got the shot about 2:50 Est.
The methotrexate shot (chemotherapy injection) didn't hurt but it was 2 shots, 1 in each buttcheek. I read online that a couple of people say it hurts or burns when going in but it didn't to me. I told my parents and they are going to come over with my daughter when they get back to town to visit with me. For 2 weeks I must not drink, must avoid the sun, not eat certain things, no sex, etc. Yep, no alcohol after all this and over New Years Eve. Lovely.....but at least I'm not laying in the hospital. I am advised to wait 2-3 mths before trying again and if I go with that the 3 mths, the earliest due date would be the late Jan 2013, a few months after my daughter's 3rd birthday. I thought and hoped I'd have another child by or just before my daughter turns 3 but that doesn't seem to be in my cards. I really thought I'd have a September baby but that doesn't seem to be the plan either. I'm not trying to be choosy either....it's just something I'm thinking about now that I have to sit and wait. I know this is so minor sitting and waiting 3 mths but it seems like a lot right now. I'm thankful they hopefully caught this early enough that my tubes are not at risk nor is my life. For now I am praying that this shot works and I do not have to get another one. It's crazy bc many people that have ectopic and get these have levels in the hundreds or a couple thousand,,,,,while I had to get it with a level of 78. I just don't understand. I wish it would have gone away on it's own.....I hope this is the end of this and I can finally move on. At least I'm starting to feel like it's finally over and can move on.
Thank you all for your support!
Kitty




No comments:
Post a Comment