#2

Aptmt today and all is still well

Things are going well. I had an aptmt today and will now have them every 2-3 weeks. I'm 28wks and 3 days today and the baby's heartbeat was 144-145. She sounded great and DH loved hearing her heartbeat again. It gets him all emotional! I love it! I'm measuring right on and they did another glucose test today. Hoping I pass with flying colors like last time. Weight....that's another story. I gained more in the last 3 weeks than I've ever gained in 1 month the whole time I've been pregnant. The desserts must have caught up to me...you know the desserts I've been etaing since I got laid off and haven't quit eating. Please someone help me!!! :) Seriously I need to stop or my hardwork will be ruined. :) I've got to start saying no! It's hard but I've got to do it! Someone be my cheerleader! :)

We got a call that the bumper was finished and the rocker cushions too! I went and picked them up and it all looks FABULOUS! I'll take pics this week and post them soon! Baby V's room is coming along nicely! And I got a piggy bank! I didn't tell you but I've been on a piggy bank hunt! A neighbor friend of ours bought Baby V one while she was on a trip in Seattle and brought it all the way back for us. It's handmade out of pottery and very special with her name on the back of it! LOVE IT! I'll take a pic of it too.

So now I'm up to about a 30lb gain. I was holding in the mid 20s until this weigh in. I think it may have been up a lb or so due to all the water and glucose drink I had to drink but still way more than it should have been. I must start saying no to sweets.

I'm still walking at least 4 days a week and got lots of compliments at a party we went to this weekend. So that was a major confidence booster! I wore a fitted shirt and skirt and people kept telling me how great I look. I've worn loose stuff almost the whole time...now I'm into fitted maternity wear. :) On the hunt for more dresses for the shower. Bought 2 with my gift card but not totally satisfied with my choices. Must keep searching.

Have a good night friends. :)

2 comments:

libby-ct said...

Kitty,
Wow, this pregnancy is really moving right along! Seems like just yesterday that I heard your good news! Can't wait to see the pics of the nursery with your new items in it. As for the weight gain and sweets, don't stress too much about it. If you can, maybe just stock up on more fruits and keep some washed and ready to grab so you can try to substitute some of (note: I'm not saying "all!") the desserts with some yummy watermelon and cataloupe, or peaches or grapes, cherries, blueberries, etc. There are so many great options right now! You can do this! :)

Lauren said...

Yay, Kitty!!! I'm with you on the fitted stuff. I wish my current "baby belly" was really a baby belly and not just crazy bloating and a giant uterus. I want to wear fitted clothes, but if someone asked me how far along I was and I told them they would think I was a fat idiot for having such a round belly already (my mom is already making comments). I had to go buy bella bands for pete's sake!