#2

Being a mommy is hard....but for reasons you may not guess

Yes, being a mommy is hard! Nobody questions that but lately what's been hard is me being at the house alone with no adult interaction. My mom wasn't able to come much for the last 2 weeks and this week she has a cold and hasn't been here at all, plus I made a cake for dH last night and was working on his surprise BDay party/completion of grad school party this coming weekend. It's a lot of work normally but much harder with a little one at home. So lately I've felt I really need adult interaction and I need to stop trying to do everything myself....which is tough since I'm such a do'er. And I've felt a bit under appreciated and tired. LO was sleeping so well for 8nights in a row and then the last 2 nights she changed up her routine and hasn't been sleeping nearly like she was. So it's just been a lot. Another thing I've noticed is that my husband is so great with her and with me but he gets frustrated with her and I think to myself ....you're only here at night after work for a few hours with her and of course during the night waking up and such, but how could men make it if a few hours here and there is hard for them??? I guess that's why God choose us to be the caregivers of children when they are first born.....anyway....Virginia is doing great and I had my almost 6week postpartum aptmt today. All is well and they say I'm totally healed. Still not ready for sex or running in my mind but apparently I'm healed. :)

4 comments:

Libby said...

yes, most mothers say it's the hardest job they have! Hang in there! Can you call friends, even if they can't come over? Is the weather good enough to get outside for a lot of walks? Maybe the fresh air would help, along with bumping into neighbors? This phase will get better!

gee said...

i hear you!! It's hard when it's you all by yourself, but it will get better. I'm over tired and with 2 older kids I barely get help from them. My husband works crazy hrs and sometime I wished he didn't. Too bad we aren't neighbors. :)

gee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
To A T said...

Oh Kitty I'm right there with you! This is so much harder in ways I didn't expect! I can never seem to get everything done in a day that I want, although I'm okay with that because I do cherish every moment with Brynna.
The hubby thing completely blows my mind though! Batman comes home and gets frustrated with Brynna's squawking so easily I just don't understand! You are right though. That must be why God made mommies the primary caregiver ;-)