Tuesday was a month from the day Virginia was born, her 1month birthday. Time is flying by and Tuesday she had her 1month appointment with her peditrician, who we adore! She weighed 9 lbs and 8 ozs and was 22 inches but I think she's longer. :) Our munchkin is growing so fast. :) Her doctor said she's doing great and showing all the right signs developmentally for her age. Of course we think she's a bit advanced! :) She's smiling at us and is just super cute. She was excellent at this aptmt too and that makes for all great aptmts and her doctor always says how good she is!! (she's always happy at the aptmts and never really cries)
A fellow blogger friend asked me to share a bit about our day so here goes:
Virginia has been sleeping well and has given us 3 nights of 5 hours sleeping stints, then a wake up to eat, change diaper and back to bed for usually 3 more hours then eat again and new diaper. Sometimes mommy and V go back to bed now or we get up. Whenever we do get up we make our way downstairs and I put V in the swing and turn it on and crank up classical music for her! She swings happily and I can eat breakfast. After breakfast she either needs more food or naps. she's currently napping! This is probably her mid morning nap. Usually an hour or more. And then she'll need to be fed. Sometimes this is when we run an errand (grocery store, library, etc) Then home for mmore feeding and mommy hopes to sneak in lunch but sometimes it doesn't happen until 2 or 3 when V takes her afternoon nap. I try to sneak her into her crib for an afternoon nap but it can only be done if she's really out. She usually sleeps for 1.5 hours in the afternoon and then wakes to feed. She eats about every 2-2.5 hrs. We usually go for a stroller walk in the afternoon once she wakes up from nap and feeds. This week has been rainy so we haven't walked since Monday. She loves the outdoors and it's good for mommy to get out too. Then we wait for Daddy to get home and he loves on her and then she starts feeding again. And we do some tummy time at night or some play time under the play gym/mat if she hasn't done so during the day. Often at night she feeds every hour-hour and a half until about 2 hours before we all go to bed. 2 hours before bedtime she starts feeding about every 30mins to pile in the feedings ---she does this on her own and it helps her sleep more at night. Sometimes during the day I do wake her to keep her on feedings every 2-2.5 hours so she'll sleep well at night. We tried letting her wake up to feed when ready but that wasnm't helping her sleep well at night so clearly she needed more feedings. We gave her the first breast milk bottle Tues night and will give her another tonight. I read to start off with about 1 each day so we're doing that. I must admit the first bottle was hard on me....hard bc it was the first time I wasn't feeding her and she didn't need me...even though she did bc I had to pump the milk she drank. Anyway...trying to start the bottle thing and up the pumping so we have a supply. As I'd just been pumping to releive myself before.
Anyway....at about 11ish we try and finish up the last feeding downstairs and go upstairs and daddy changes her and we get reaady for bed. I feed her one last time and we wrap her up- SWADDLE her with arms down and tuck her into her bassinet and off to sleep we go!
Hope that gives a good glimpse. Be sure and check out the books I listed at the top right. BLESSED asked for the book I mentioned in the last post. There it is.
:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
sounds wonderful and busy! Thanks for sharing the details -- it's interesting and helpful to hear the realities of life with an infant! Happy weekend!
Post a Comment