#2

update, update, read all about it! :)

So I have news!!!
I got 2 job offers!!!! 1 of them is the independent contractor, full-time, work from home job and that's the one I want!!! The other one is a good opportunity but full time in a office and not what I want.....but I'm using it as leverage on the other one for a few things I want. But we are very excited and thank goodness the orientation out of town is now not until Apirl and not until the 2nd week.....so thank goodness it doesn't start in 1 week or this week like originally thought! Daddy will take care of baby and the frozen breast milk will come in handy. :) I'm excited this is working out.....a little nervous about starting back at work....but realize this is what I want (well maybe it's more hours than 25-30 hours like I thought would be great) but it's a great opportunity. The company is a good one and the 2 people i interviewed with both mentioned "work-life balance" so that's an incredible sign. Since I'll be a contractor some weeks may be more than 40 and some a little less....but they did say they see themselves busy for a long time and some of the contractors have been with them for 9-10 years....so good long term potential! So horray on that!

Last week out of town with my parents was fun and the weather was great. We got a little mommy/daddy time and got some 60-70degree weather as we played on the beach. :)

This week my grandma is visiting so V is getting time with her! Horray and so fun!

Weight loss- I thought my post last week about the 3 lb loss was going to be a fluke bc the very next time I got on the scale (less than 1 hour later) the scale went back up so I don't know what's going on.....maybe major water weight flucuations.....or who knows......but this week I'm between 175-176.5 in the mornings. I seem to loose more when I don't work out (like over the 2weeks when I was sick and then while out of town last week) but I don't want to be squishy forever.....so how do you loose weight and tone up???? Can it happen again or is do I need to wait for serious progress until after I'm no longer BFing??? I get frustrated reading about other people loosing SO much weight bc of BFing bc that is not happening to me.
I know I'm not far from my pre-preg weight but I've worked hard and now the work isn't helping....SO what to do folks??? Any ideas? I'm at a crossroads? I hear it can be hard to lose the last 5-10lbs while BFing but heck........And I need to get my butt in gear if exercise is the key....bc heck it looks like I'm back to work come 4 weeks.

V is fabulous!!! She's now 5 months and 5 days old!!! We sang to her on her b-day. She's so cute!!! Such a little person! People stop us all the time and tell us how happy she is!! And she is, literally the happiest baby I've ever met! :)

Well that's it, but don't forget to tell me your thoughts on weight loss while BF-ing.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you that you got both job offers, especially the one you really wanted! That is fantastic news!

I've commented a lot on the weight loss while BFing (not that I personally have experience in that area quite yet... that'll start very very soon!). But I do want to say that you shouldn't be too focused on the number on the scale, but more how your clothes fit and how you look. Because like you know, gaining muscle and losing fat will not make the scale seem like it's being nice to you. But you don't want to be one of those flabby skinny people, so keep up the working out! And switch it up all the time so your body has to constantly adapt.

Libby said...

YEAH Kitty! Congrats on not one but TWO fantastic job offers! Really great news! I'll be eager to hear more!

As for the weight loss, hang in there and it'll eventually come off. Just keep doing all the right things and you'll get through this plateau.