So I've not been around....it's been really busy.
Virginia is doing fantastic! She's 5.5 months old and just this week started sitting up on her own mostly. It's so cute and she's such a big girl doing all these big girl things! She's so alert and learning so much! We still think she has a day here or there where she's probably teething but it's not more than 1 night of more wakings so she's a tough girl! :) The last two nights she woke up for her early morning feed (between 5 and 6am) talking. I thought gosh....she is related to mommy with talking in her sleep. :) It's the cutest thing ever and much better than the sudden yells to let us know she's hungry and needs milk. Ha. :) So V's fantastic! She's using a jumperoo and she can really jump! She's so adorable! People still stop us all the time and tell us how beautiful she is and how she's the happiest baby ever! So fun to hear it! :) We sure believe it because she's such a great little girl!
DH's dad had to have unexpected major quadruple bypass surgery last week on his heart. He's still getting help breathing with a tube down his throat so keep him in your prayers. They tried taking it out but had to put it in and may have to put a trach in next week. Please pray for him. It's been really hard on DH.
Not much else is new. No major weight loss updates. I think I'm on the slow train again and think I'm one of those girls that it just stays on until I finish BFing. But I have had 2 people tell me how skinny I look recently. So maybe I'm toning up but the scale isn't showing. That's fine with me. I usually go on how my jeans and clothes fit anyway. :)
Introducing solids....we are thinking of starting at 6months of course this is also probably my first week at work so we may wait an extra week or more or just start with 1 or 2 weeks of oatmeal/rice cereal if she needs help learning to swallow. I prefer to go right to veggie/fruit either smushy or purees with bf but we'll see what she needs. She's definitely interested. Tonight she even reached for my margarita! :) (dont' worry, we had thawed frozen milk for her) :) I really needed a margarita today. :)
Click on the pics to enlarge them!




1 comment:
glad to hear things are going well with you and V! And oh my goodness, please have a margarita for me -- they are my fav and I do look forward to being able to have one here or there this summer when I'm no longer preg! You look great in all the pictures you post so I wouldn't stress about the number on the scale - like you said, you could be building muscle faster than you think!
Post a Comment