Month 4
CD 7
I emailed my RE after lots of message board talk about PCOSers and ovulation not being as good as it should...although I'm still wondering about this......a few ladies mentioned it.... The RE office won't do an US mid cycle on a natural cycle....wish they would so I could see how my follies are looking on their own but that's ok. He suggested Femara for Ovulation induction and also said if I were on a natural cycle and my follie wasn't doing as well as it should he'd suggest Femara for me again anyway....so we decided to start the Femara this month. Tonight is my last day of taking it. They will monitor us mid cycle and if things look good I'm guessing they will prescribe the trigger shot again. My cd12 US is scheduled for Saturday. All the details are starting to sound a lot like month 4 when TTC V. :) I hope we get just as good news as we did that cd12 of her BFP month. :)
One of my readers asked what would a medical cycle do if I'm Oing? Well for PCOS'ers I've read that it's possible you O but it's a weak O or not a good O since there are so many things that effect O with PCOSers....including litterally everything I eat (among other things) and I'm on a lower GI diet and having to choose the right thing every time I put something in my mouth. Sometimes it's just hard to find something I can eat. I've also been told that the meds can help with CM and Oing around mid cycle so it's not delayed and so forth. I'm still reading on this and I'm not sure what I think but I do know many PCOS friends tried on their own with no luck even if Oing and then meds helped them. We also know Femara helped us before and our RE thinks it will likely have the same results! I'm really hoping so!
I still think about trying unmedicated and the desire to get pregnant on my own. It's a strong desire, one I was really hoping for. But I also know V will be 3 sooner than we know it and we think we want 3 children. I don't want them more than 3 yrs apart. And maybe next time we'll come off BCP when the next baby is 13 mths old and start trying naturally then to give us more time. Getting pregnant without meds may not be in the cards for me. And I need to learn to accept that and be ok with it. I'm working on it. I'm very proud of having a great RE and having found a medicine and plan that worked for us when TTC #1 however I do not handle the negative comments and naive/blunt/rude/hurtful people out there that we often even call "good friends" as many of you remember the stories from before.....I think that is what has tarnished me and strengthened my desire to conceive unmedicated. It's a battle that continues in my head and in my heart. I won't love a baby any less that was conceived with meds and the goal is to get pregnant and have a baby as DH says, so why my hangup??? Why does it matter what other people say or think? Why does it hurt even if you think your friend is a little off her rocker? I don't know but it does.
Anyway, I'm excited to see what my body will do this month! And more than anything I cannot wait to give DD a sibling! :)
BTW-DD is doing amazing. She's still potty/poopoo training and doing well! She's been talking in complete sentences for a long time. She's very funny many days. I need to provide more updates on her. Next post is about her!
:) Kitty
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
I hear you on having a hard time getting on the medicated train! My NP told me to only give it 2 months or cycles (whichever comes first... and in my non-ovulating world, I'm coming up on 2 months very quickly) before sscheduling an appt with my OB to talk about going back on Clomid. I just am having a hard time thinking about doing it again though... it wreaked such havoc... I just don't know...
Good luck Kitty! So happy to hear V is doing well! And good luck with PT! I think we are still months away from really being serious about it, but I'm going to need all the good tips you can pass on ;-)
Post a Comment