#2

Found Lolly2's heartbeat tonight

So today my fetal doppler arrived and once we had a moment to sit down tonight we decided to test it out. After watching a quick Youtube video I was able to find Lolly2's heartbeat in just a minute or 2. It was a wonderful, glorious sound! Strong and consistent! Perfectly beautiful!!  It made me so happy to just sit calmly and listen to the baby's heart. :)  The heartbeat was consistently around 158-160. At 11 weeks V's heartrate was 160. Sounds a bit familiar. :)  I  know it can vary but for some people the old wive's tales hold true with higher than 140/145 meaning girl and that or under meaning boy. I realize only time will tell but hearing the heartbeat today for the first time this pregnancy was wonderful! It put a smile on my face and DH's face! It was exciting for us to hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time together! :)

Also, we bought a new car today! :)  We went looking Saturday at the Nissan dealership after previously visiting the Honda and Toyota dealerships and found a car/minivan we really liked. They let us take it home for the rest of the weekend and it turns out one of our other SUVs was in the shop and we got the bad news about it's transmission today so it was perfect timing. We bought the car tonight and we love it! Yes, it's a mini-van but it's taller, cooler, different and makes me feel like I'm still driving an SUV/crossover or bigger SUV as it seems less minivan like to me. I love it! There isn't an SUV with 3 rows and a trunk with 3 rows up so this was a great car for us! :) (and still fits in normal parking spots and in our garage with our other SUV) It's a Nissan Quest. It's a beautiful Titanium beige on the outside and beige leather on the inside. Beautiful! Anyway, happy to have a new car that will fit us well with 2 kiddos with the plan of 3 eventually. I can totally see us driving in this car to disney next year! :) I highly reccomend it for anyone looking for a family car/SUV/minivan with a decent pricetag, lots of luxury and cool features! V loves the button to open the sliding doors and the DVD player. :)

Until next time,
Kitty :)

1 comment:

Lauren said...

It's such a high, hearing the heartbeat at the beginning, isn't it? I would just lie there everyday listening with this huge silly grin on my face.

New cars are so exciting! And I absolutely love our minivan. It's so much more comfortable, there's so much room, and it's just so much more functional once you have kids. I would never ever want a different type of vehicle with small children. I'm pretty sure we're going to be trading in our car for another minivan sometime in the next year. Unfortunately we still have another year of payments on it. Booo.