We ventured out to Buy Buy Baby for the first time ever and tested out some of their Double Strollers. Firstly let me say that if you have one of these stores and have not yet been to it, GO. It's awesome! I had ideas about what I wanted to see and we even looked at a few others. Let me know what you've looked at or own but please keep in mind my 1st child will be 3years and 4 months when baby #2 is born and she's already very tall. We have to keep this in mind when looking as some of the cool doubles we looked at like the Baby Jogger City Select http://www.babyjogger.com/joggers_strollers.aspx (be sure and see the city select pic and you'll see it can have 2 seats) just won't accomodate her height much longer. It's a super cool in-line stroller but really not meant for a tall 3year old as one of the passengers.
Realizations while stroller shopping:
a) I don't HAVE to have a jogging stroller as I've come to the realization that I'm not going to jog with a double stroller and 2 kids. I will walk only. (this isn't really a con- just a realization) The baby joggers aren't actually jogging strollers, that's just the name.
b) I don't think sit-n-stands are for us.
c) I don't think I'll find an inline stroller that works for us.
So we ended up liking the Baby Jogger, City Mini GT Double the best and here are the reasons why:
http://www.babyjogger.com/city_miniGT_dbl_dtl.aspx
PROS:
a) It's much narrower than a double Bob stroller (I have a single bob and love it but double is a beast width wise)
b) It is so incredibly smooth and easy to turn
c) It will work with V's height for quite some time
d) The seats recline completely to a laying position which can be great for a newbie
Cons:
a) It's a side by side and we weren't able to find a in line double that worked for us
b) I've heard the basket can be akward to access but I have the same issue with my single Bob and it's really not a big deal
c) It looks like the infant carseat bar you have to buy is $100
Suggestions made by others:
a) We should check out the Mountain Buggy Urban Doubler stroller
http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&page=1&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Amountain%20buggy%20urban%20double%20stroller
What might you be able to suggest, add or point out about this discussion?
And finding a spacious yet cool diaper bag for 2 will be an upcoming topic as well!
Would love to hear more!
Thanks!!
Kitty
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment