#2

OB Appointment Update

My 1st OB appointment was yesterday afternoon. Everything went well and I'm doing great and Lolly2 is also! So that's terrific news. At the last minute, DH could not join me at the appointment due to an important monthly meeting at work. And during my appointment, late afternoon appointment, I did not get to hear the baby's heartbeat (was expecting to for the first time), baby was not measured, nor was I told the baby's heartrate. Apparently we had an old machine that didn't do much but they said the baby looked great and was the right size. I'm bummed but I did see the baby's heart beating away and I saw Lolly2 moving his/her arms and legs. It was great! So everything is good with baby and I but it wasn't quite the way I thought my appointment would go. I'm not going to get mad and leave and find another OB. I like the practice and realize I was one of the last aptmts and my doctor seemed to be one of the only doctors still there. I'll get over it and if I didn't just end my other health insurance that was covering most of my RE visits I'd go back to my RE and get one more US. Oh well, I'll get over it. My next and last US will be at 18wks. My next appointment is in 4 weeks and it will just include using a doppler- at least I'll get to hear the baby's heartbeat! I'm also looking to buy a doppler for our family to enjoy listening to the baby. I can't wait.

Until next time,
Kitty :)

Pics of Lolly2 at 9wks 3days: (head on the left, sorry these are links and not pics- blogspot doesn't show the pic icon for me anymore to upload pics--anyone know why or how to fix?)
http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u417/tutsiebear/2012-07-31-USpic1.jpg

http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u417/tutsiebear/2012-07-31-USpic2.jpg

http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u417/tutsiebear/2012-07-31-USpic3.jpg

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Glad everything is going well... sorry about the disappointing appointment:( Where I live the doctors don't own ultrasound machines, so you would never have an ultrasound at a doctor's appointment!

To A T said...

So glad the appt went well other than not getting to hear the baby's hb :( bummer! But next time for SURE! :) Hope everything keeps going well!