#2

News during vacation

Unfortunately half way through our beach trip I found out my company had a 3rd round of layoffs and my department and position were terminated. Yes, you heard me right. I kept hoping this wouldn't happen and things would turn around but I have to keep thinking a better door is going to open! I must keep thinking that. Our company gives us 30day access to a company to help you improve your resume, interviewing skills, networking, gives you a consultant to help and support you and so forth and I was on a telecon intro with other people who lost their jobs (not at my company thank goodness) and it made me mad to hear people say they were releived or excited to get laid off and that they were ready for something new.....well you know what....I'm not....and I'm still optimistic I'll find a job but I'm getting angry now that I'm back home. I had a great job with a great boss and had great insurance. I worked almost 5 days from home and only went into the office 1 day every other week. I have worked at that company almost 5 years and now I'm pissed. I'm pissed that my position was terminated and I'm 5.5 months pregnant. Yes, I got severence and I'm so thankful for that. paid for June (4wks) and 2 weeks for every completed year worked (8wks) plus my saved vacation (about 6 weeks as I was saving this since last year for my maternity leave). That brings us to about 4.5 months. And guess that that brings us to....just about my due date. Why couldn't this be sept 20th when this happened.....I know layoffs happen and I'm upset it happened but more upset that it happened now when i'm pregnant. And preparing for my baby and then a 5month maternity leave and then a return to work with just 4 9hour days, working from home and a nanny at my house. I'm still hopeful i can find a job with some working from home and a 4 day workweek but it's definitely something I've got to search for.....something I had before and had earned. Luckily my industry is hiring and allows teleworking quite often. I really hope I can find some work for the next few months so I can save much of my severence pay/vacation pay for my unpaid maternity leave and we won't have to hit our savings much. Please don't worry about me but do pray for opportunities, peace, no stress and continued health for me and baby V. I was fine while at the beach bc I wasn't really telling our friends but now that I'm home it's what I think about alot. And it sucks.

But I must believe that new doors open when others close. And that often the new doors are better than the old doors even when it seems like a long uphill battle.

Anyway....if any of you have stories of friends or people you know that went thru similiar situations please let me know. Any advice would be great. This is when i wish I made very little money and we didn't need my salary and I could say to heck with this work crap....but unfortunately I have a very nice salary....which is a love/hate thing. Mostly love but hate with stuff like this or when I wish I could be a SAHM and just quit and not worry about all this crap.

Again....just wanted to share with you. We've just told our parents, my brother and 1 couple that was on our beach trip with us who had a girlfriend that this happened to as well. I know I'll need to keep myself busy and will need support. Thank you inadvance. You all help me so much. Just knowing you're listening is helpful.

*Happier notes...1) just about finished my registry with the help of 2 girlfriends on our beach trip with us. (they have kids already) And nobody knew we were working on it but people have already checked it and bought things off of it. I can't believe it. So sweet of people!
2) I feel baby V move all the time now. Definitely in the morning, during the day some if I'm still and at night. She's a night owl like mommy and daddy. Usually around 11:30pm. :) I love feeling her move more and more. DH has felt her too just by placing his hand on her and my belly.

Going to bed...tired....hugs to all of you!

5 comments:

Amanda said...

I'm really sorry to hear that. I'm sure it will be tough, but it sounds like you are probably more prepared than some for this and hopefully you'll find something that works for you soon.

Good luck, you'll be in my thoughts.

Just Believing said...

You hit it in the head when one door closes another door opens!

I am still sorry you are going trhough this but I will pray for you to see that open door soon!

Thinking of you!

gee said...

Sorry to hear about your job, it does suck! You sound very positive and I'm sure that you'll will find something real soon. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

P.S. You got my email if you ever need to vent. :)

To A T said...

((HUGS)) I'm so sorry to hear about your lay off :(

You are right though. Another window of opportunity is open, just have to find it :) I like that you are so optimistic!!

Amy said...

My friend not only became so sick she couldn't work while pregnant, but her husband lost his job, their car broke down beyond repair, and she had a to spend most of her pregnancy in the hospital for galbladder attacks. But in the end it doesn't matter to the baby how your finances are, just that it is loved and fed and warm. Try not to stress too much and know that everything will work out just fine!