#2

First cervical check yesterday and celebration at parent's house

We had our aptmt yesterday and the baby was very active, HR of 160, usually when she's calm it's around 135-138. Must have been dancing in mommy's belly! And when they checked me the doctor felt V's head, so she's definitely head down as they thought a few weeks back! HORRAY for a head down baby girl!!! :) I'm not dialated at all but I'm 50% efaced! They said most first pregnancies only dialate maybe 1 or 2 cm if at all by their due date and that I was doing fine. Right on par. They were still looking for my group B strep results but it sounds as if they would have called me if they were positive so I'm probably ok in that area! HORRAY!

Last night we went to my parents house for dinner. We weren't really sure why we were going but my mom planned it over a month ago, said something about a party and maybe celebrating my and DH's b-days even though mine isn't until October and DH's November. I just thought we were celebrating early since my parents were going to be at a wedding on my bday and DH's bday was going to be after V's arrival and it would be busy. Well when we got there the dining room door was closed and mom finally let us all in. Turns out we were celebrating a lot of things, including 10years to the night since my mom had her heart attack. So we were celebrating all the good things in the last 10years. It was a very special evening. I remember so much about the night when I got the call from my dad. Scary time. But now I've told my family I want us all to up the health kick after V's born and I told my mom to go ahead and get started now, for V. On to 20 more years!!! That's when V will be leaving for college if you can believe that. I really prefer 30+ years but we'll start with 20. Anyway, it was a very touching evening and I wanted to share it with you. Mom cooked a very special meal and had 3 different desserts for our favorites. She was very excited about the evening.

For the rest of this week I'm going to do some more washing, pack my hospital bag (bought a bra and nightgown yesterday), make a trip to BBSRUS, and so forth. I'll keep you all posted.
Kitty

2 comments:

To A T said...

What a special time for you and your fam!! Hooray for your mom pulling through and getting to ten yrs post heart attack!:) Here's to another 20+ yrs!! ;-)

I haven't even thought about packing yet! EEk!! I should probably do that this weekend huh? ;-)

For Richer or Poorer said...

Sounds like a great evening at your parent's house! I'm glad your mom is doing well and I love the idea of a health kick for everyone. Also, glad to hear your appointment went so well today, and that V is head-down! YAY!

College?! WOW... it's scary to think about that, isn't it? My DH and I were just thinking about that for our little ones, and realized they'll be class of 2032. OH MY GOODNESS! (I was class of 2000, my DH was 2001) TTYL!
-Libby