#2

35wks, and NST at hospital (we are fine)

So yesterday we turned 35weeks. Wow it's going by quickly. Well yesterday and Thursday evening I felt likeV's movements were less and softer than normal, so after a busy day, I left my dr.'s office an after hours message and told them this and they told me to go into the hospital for a NST (non-stress test). Poor DH. He got home and I told him we needed to go to the hospital for this test. He was so serious. We got there,plenty of parking andwent right in. We were seen quickly and hooked up the the monitors and heard her heartrate but seemed she was sleeping. They turned me on my left side and she was more active. She reacted to my voice, DH's voice and my hand on my belly. How sweet!!! Well they told us she was fine and we chalked it up to less movement and softer movements because she is growing and less room in my belly. Phew!!! (they wanted to see peaks on the waves and when I turned there were peaks!) While we were in there DH said, "There better not be anything wrong with my baby, nothings wrong with my baby, I'll be so MAD if something is wrong with my baby." WOW! I then realized how connected he is to BabyV as well. He was so concerned.....and upset....I felt so bad...like I had made him worry. My DH is the sweeetest, most amazing man ever and will be the best daddy but I hadn't seen this part of him before with V since our pregnancy has been so great. I told him "everything is going to be fine. Nothing is wrong with her." I reassured him with her heartrate and told him not to get upset bc then I would. :) I'm starting to see the love and fear parents have in raising children....you don'twant anythingto happen to your little ones. We already have that protective thing going on. Well the baby girl is fine and we are too. Thank you Lord!!! An eventful night. And V moved more last night and today. Keep growing V. We'll meet you in October. We love you so much!! I know God is watching over you and protecting you!

2 comments:

Libby-CT said...

wow -- what an eventful evening! I'm so glad that you got a good report and that baby V is doing well. Take care!

gee said...

Glad to hear that baby V is doing good. When we had our first NST hubby was the same way. It's kind of cute to see that side of them, I think.

I can't believe you're almost full term. Baby V is so blessed to have great parents already. :)