#2

Weekly appointment update

We had our weekly appointment just a little while ago and everything went well. Here are the updates:

Baby is still head down
Baby's heart rate is still good (I forgot to ask for exact #)
I'm still 50% efaced
No dilation yet
Forgot to ask about my belly measurement (doc was talking and threw me off but I imagine it's right on like normal)

Doctor said most people go into labor before 42 weeks and before needing induction. (Hip Hip Horray!) He also said they wouldn't offer me any meds unless I asked for them. (I mentioned we did the Bradley classes and are trying to go natural)

The doctor today is the oldest that can deliver us and he's so funny! I'd love for him or the other cool doctor to deliver us. And then my 3rd choice is the really nice guy doctor and then 4th choice is the female. Interesting huh.....but honestly 2 of the men just have the best personalities. I know any of them would be great but 1 or 2 of them would be really fun! So we'll just have to see who's on call on the big day. :)

Being 11-12 days from my due date has me thinking......I'll probably try some of the natural ways to progress things starting next week, you know the nipple stimulation, sex, walking, evening primrose oil, red raspberry leaf tea, eggplant parmesian, spicy food, and anything else you guys might know of. Any suggestions? I am not up for castor oil but let me know what other things you know of.

DH and I both had dreams about baby girl V. It might have been because we talked so much about babies in our Bradley class last night. There was even a guest couple who came to talk with their 17day old baby......so prescious! We both dreamt she had blue eyes. (Dh has beautiful blue eyes, his whole family has blue and mine are hazel so we have a huge chance for blue eyes)

Well that's about it. More updates later. :)

2 comments:

For Richer or Poorer said...

you're almost to the finish line! So glad that things continue to progress so well for you. What great dreams you and DH had -- maybe V will have blue eyes?!

Lauren said...

I plan on starting all those natural methods during march break, a couple of weeks before my due date. Justin only gets 2 DAYS OFF when I have the baby. I'd love for the baby to come early so he can be there during the whole week.

I don't think that's going to happen though.

By the way, I always LOL at the nipple stimulation idea. It's too funny.