#2

Vent....bad friend

I NEED to VENT. I have a friend who's been acting so self centered and bitchy. She's been like this many times before. I finally ask her about it over email (I'm a whimp and don't want to see her) and ask if everything is ok and she responds "totally. :) ". I finally wrote back and said "Ok, good. :) I asked because you seem to be really short with me and usually don't respond to much of what I say or ignore half of what I write so I was wondering. There's been no "Hi, how are you, enjoying the nice weather....." just an text/email wanting a recipe or wanting an answer to something. Not used to friends responding that way so I was wondering what was going on."


I know she's either not going to respond or respond with something completely bitchy but at least I called her out on it. There h...ave been so many things she's said or done that have been totally inappropriate and I needed to finally call her out. She was also the crappy friend that's always super insensitive about IF saying things like "we don't have to try like you do" and telling people about our going to an RE when my hubby let it slip by accident just before we got prego with V. Anyway, this girl has been causing me major frustration/angst/etc and I need to get rid of her but we go on an annual beach trip with them and we've already paid half. (it's 4 couples with kids....we've been friends for a long time, but she goes back and forth between friend and self centered b****, after the trip, unless things change, our friendship is likely over. Thanks for listening letting me vent. I hate confrontation but I think I needed to say something. At least she now knows, she probably won't do anything about it, but she knows. She's finally been called out. (and  I don't think anyone ever calls her out about anything....ever. It's totally overdue. She's really a b**** the more and more I think about it esp with what she says....)

ADDED: 
And icing on the cake is I feel bad about saying something and I feel like it's a bigger mess now but something had to be said. Why do I feel bad about letting someone know they are treating me like crap and I wondered about it.....it's ridiculous. I hate crappy people. :(  I don't need this in my life, nobody does. It plain stinks and it's so not fair that I now feel bad. It's just a totally uncomfortable, awful situation.

3 comments:

Lauren said...

Ohhh, I remember her!

Yes, sometimes you just need to cut people out.

Leslie said...

I am sorry! It is a hard thing to do but if she is making you feel this way, I would not go out of your way for her. You have tried and if she can not respect you, then I would not necessarily not be friends with her, but I would not contact her for a while unless she contacts you in a friendly manner. Hope she turns around and realizes she could lose a good friend!

gee said...

i've had friends like that i have cut them off. it sucks, but people treating you crappy is not a friend...period!