#2

I think we have a plan for my mom and the US

So my OBGYN office can record the US with a blank DVD disk. So I think the aptmt will just be DH and I. Then we'll leave and go celebrate somewhere fun, maybe early dinner and drinks for him. Shirly Temple for me perhaps. (sprite, cherry juice and cherries) And then have my parents over for dessert and to watch the big dvd. That way it can be an event for them but still our private moment that day as well! I mentioned to DH about doing this for his parents during the weekend and he thought they would like it as well. So we may do it for them on Friday night or Saturday. Should be a fun way to show the baby to the grandparents, make an event out of it and disclose the gender in a fun way. Now just cross your fingers that it all records properly! :)

I'm good! I've decided the scale is not my friend even though I still get on it. The homemade chocolate chip cookies I made 2 days ago probably didn't help and the icing I put on some of them wasn't helpful either but Lolly likes them! :) Mommy does too! Going for a run this afternoon so hopefully I'll burn some of those cookies off. :)

Being pregnant is great but it's also a loney time too. I'm not unhappy, upset or sad it's just that many of your friends can't relate or are busy with their own lives or want to tell you how it was for them. Maybe also it's harder for me since DH works and is in grad school- but I'm not upset at that either. That's a big accomplishment for him. It also gives me more time for self reflection and thinking. (although often I do that while exercising and then come home and veg!) Very few people actually spend time asking me about Lolly and I. It's kind of weird seeing that I always thought it was such a big deal and made huge deals about it for friends. I think people these days are very caught up in their own lives and often overlook things in others lives. Remind me never to turn into one of those people! However, my internet friends are so different! You guys make every minute exciting, fun and you provide amazing support and love! Thank you for all of that! Wishing you all many, many blessings, happiness and love always!

5 comments:

Just Believing said...

I think you plan about the US is perfect! I was curious what your final solution would be and you couldn't have thought of a better one! This way everyone is happy!

So wonderful that you and Lolly are doing great. My hubby is uber busy with working to much tooso I like you have alot of self reflection and time at home to beg out ;) Sometimes more than I would like ( the mind can do crazy things to ya ) but in the end its more time I have with the Lord and focusing on HIM :) Although I still need to more

Lauren said...

Sounds perfect, Kitty :)

gee said...

I like your plan for both parents. They're going to love it!!!

I commend you for keeping up with your exceriseing. The only thing I did was walk and since I've been pregnant I haven't done much walking.

BTW, internet friends are awesome! Real friends, at least mine, are sick and tried of hearing me talk about my pregnancy.

libby-ct said...

love the plan, Kitty.

I agree with you about people being so wrapped up in their own lives... But please keep telling US about your pregnancy! I love hearing about how you're doing and what you're experiencing!

happy weekend...

To A T said...

Sorry I've been a terrible commentor lately! Trying to catch up :) I think it's a great idea to have them all watch the DVD though!