#2

Day 5 shred and other thoughts....

So I'm a bit frustrated as I don't feel the scale is moving as fast as I'd like it to....but yes, I don't always have the patience in this area and it's harder trying to get rid of this baby weight when you don't have the unlimited time to go running or go to the gym that I did in the past. (not that I lived at the gym or running trails, but I did go running or to the gym for 1.5 hours or so and that's just not able to happen right now)....anyway, I did day 5 of shred today and I'm pretty committed. Only took 1 day off from it so that's good. It's getting a little easier but level 2 is starting to already sound a bit intimidating. And I made it to the gym today in addition to shred so GO ME! :) Momma's gonna be hot for our June beach trip!!! So I've lost a few lbs in the last month but some blogs have women losing 10-12 lbs in a month thanks to the help of some special eating diets and I know that's not the right thing for me but boy a 10lb loss in a month would be awesome! Anyway, it just motivates me to workout more, if I can squeeze it in and skip the few cheats I make during the week ( beers, a sneaked cookie or carb, but really that's about it, I'm really good....so come on weight and scale.....be good to me this week!!!) I mean you shouldn't have to be "perfect" to loose weight, right?!

On another note, Virginia is either going through a growth spurt or starting to need more than just the "boobies!" (that's what we call them at our house!) :) It's a sensitive topic for me because I really want to exclusively breast feed her until 6 months! And normally when I make a decision I stick to it.....so we'll see what we are able to do! And I say we because it takes both she and I. Today was a bit better feeding wise than yesterday (not as often, yesterday it was anywhere from every hour to 45mins sometimes, but today more like 1.5 hours) but at night we gave her a bottle and then had to give her a little more. She ends up eating during the 5 o'clock hour, 6 o'clock hour and 7 o'clock hour (and has been for as long as I can remember to stock up for the long night and also mommy's don't make as much milk at night) so by 7 if she's not in bed or if she already is she still wants to eat and often my boobs aren't quite ready yet again so a bottle helps and then I'll pump at 10:30/11 when I give her the last evening feed. Anyway, I'm on a mission to try and keep exclusively breast feeding her so I'll keep you posted....it's really important to me to try and keep it going, I personally feel this is the absolute best thing for her and I'm emotionally attached to it too, but at the same rate I don't want us all to go through heck to keep it going so we'll just have to keep with it and see if it can work out....otherwise we're all still good and just hanging out, trying to lose weight, spend time as a family and enjoy our amazing daughter!

Anybody have ideas for what DH and I can do tomorrow during the day? We are up for doing something and yes with V of course.......ideas are welcome!

3 comments:

To A T said...

I hear you on the weightloss issues! I WISH I could lose 10 lbs in a week by not eating or going on a special diet, but since we are milk machines, it's just not an option :( Keep up the good work though! I know it will pay off :) I worked out today too and it felt SOOOO good! Thank goodness for IL watching Brynna while Batman is away :)

Lauren said...

I can totally understand how frustrated you must be. It's gotta be the hormones that's making things go so slow. I remember last spring while I was trying to get pregnant and doing all the injections, I was also trying to lose weight. I just wanted like, 5 lbs off before summer came (swimsuit season). I ate PERFECTLY (I'm not kidding, I stuck to my Zone plan like my life depended on it). And I worked out HARD 5 or 6 days a week. But I could not lose a single pound.

It didn't occur to me until later that it must have been the hormones from the injections that were doing that to me. And I've read in a lot of places that although BFing can help you lose weight, it also can prevent you from losing it after that initial stretch because your body wants to hold on to its fat stores.

So I guess you just have to be patient. Unfortunately, the whole "calories in, calories out" equation is a way too simple way of looking at weight loss. Hormones have way more to do with it than most people are aware of.

You'll get there! Remember, 9 months up, 9 months down. And you're right, BFing little Virginia is more important!

gee said...

Losing weight is so frustrating. Give it some time before you know it you'll be at your ideal weight.
I'm sure you're doing great though and keeping healthy.

As for BFing, I remember LC going through a major growth spurts and he was always on the boobies. BFing is a tough job, but it's all worth it at the end.
I have faced some obstacles with LC including a nursing strike. That broke me down. I was an emotional wreck.

Keep up the great work!! You're doing a great job at BFing little V. :)