Thank you friends for all of your support! Your kind words meant more to me than you'll ever know! The words truly lifted me up! Last weekend started some better news coming our way.....we found out we are due a nice Tax return.....just a perfect way to lift our spirits. I figured we were owed with paying for DH's grad school out of our pockets, having a baby, all the interest we paid on our mortgage, my severence being taxed by 40something % and the fact our income was much less last year. So Yeah for tax refund!! I know some people don't like a refund bc they say they overpaid and the govmt made the interest but I love tax refunds!!! :)
And then I got some good news from a recruiter about a contract-position in clinical research in exactly the work I do and good pay and total work from home!!! I would be a contractor and we've heard the company is a good one. Horray! I'm still waiting to hear back from him. There are 7 people submitted for 4-6 jobs and we are waiting for more news on next steps...he said I'm one of the top candidates with my background, masters and such ....probably phone interviews next. If it does work out it's going to move fast...I may have to fly to the headquarters for 2-3 days in 2 weeks for a orientation....yes in 2 weeks. And be away from V,,,,thank goodness it's only a few days although I know it will seem like forever. It's a great thing but I'd love if I had a few more weeks or even until May....but we'll figure it out...it's a great opportunity and I really, really hope I get it!
I also have a job interview Monday at a company I used to work at. It's a good fit for my background but also includes management of staff, which I enjoy, but because of it, the position if full time in the office. I'm going just so it's an option and to put my face in front of them.........but it is 2.5hours of interviews...supposed to be meeting 2 people but they clearly added people to the list....hopefully the interviews won't be too painful.
I have a cold and have had it for 3 days now. I'm trying to keep V from getting it but I must admit it's bringing me down....and DH checked at the pharmacy and they don't really suggest me taking much for it since I'm BF-ing....so hopefully it will leave soon. I sneeze, couch, nose runs, head hurts, nose hurts, ear hurts....but I'm being tough through it bc I have things that must get done.
DH is still on the job hunt........no updates for him unfortunately. We'd really hoped he'd get a job first but it's still kinda slow for him....he applies all the time but not much movement in return from what we can tell. Keep him in your thoughts!
I think that's about it.
Thanks again for your continued support! I believe good things are going to start happening!!! And I always believe things work out and we learn from the hard times. I told DH a few days ago that I think I figured out what we are supposed to learn from all this...............to not give up!!!
Have a nice weekend friends!
:) Kitty
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Great news about the jobs! I'll keep my fingers crossed that something works out for you. Preferrably your first choice!
Post a Comment