My first aptmt was at 7:45am with my usual RE practice. It was with my original RE, Dr. P.
The US showed the cysts are gone. RE was surprised I didn't get AF since cysts are gone. No telling how long they've been gone which makes me furious bc he then goes on to say I didn't Ovulate and that's why AF didn't come. Anyone remember on cd16 I took myself in to have an US bc I didn't think I Ovulated and instead they did bloodwork. Well this morning he said I didn't O. I was pretty frustrated at this since I thought this about 30days ago. And I've been sitting here for who knows how many weeks waiting for something that wasn't going to happen without ovulation or provera- my AF. Anyway, dr. gave me provera and we agreed to go back to FEMARA with a higher dose. He's trying to keep me away from multiples and doesn't think last month's plan is something we should repeat. This is my original RE. Different RE, Dr. M, put me on last months' plan. IT's sort of hard working with both. If I go in at cd12 and need more meds he'll give them to me then. I told him I'm not up for scrapping another cycle. He also asked us if we definitely don't want multiples and I said I'd like to avoid but don't want to avoid and keep myself from getting pregnant. He mentioned single embryo transfer IVF as an option but I'm not ready to spend $20k to avoid mulitples when I think we can make this work. I'm going to email him tonight letting him know that we don't want to rule out all possible options just bc we might end up with multiples. The goal is pregnancy, of course I don't want triplets, and twins isn't my first pick, but being preg with twins is better than not being pregnant.
So I decided to keep my 10:15 aptmt with another RE as a 2nd opinion. Here is what I found out there.
He was great. Explained alot and spent an hour and 15mins with me. He reviewed my medical records before I came in and had it all memorized. I was impressed. He (and another RE at my other practice, Dr. M) don't think I had an ectopic. He thinks it was a (PUL) pregnancy of unknown location and he would have watched it longer and it likely would have gone away. I appreciate him telling me as he said it's important should I ever go to the ER or such. But it also is something I can't think a lot about bc it caused me a lot of pain and time. He thought I didn't O this month since I never got my AF and since the progesterone level could have been affected by the 1 progest suppository I'd taken the night before. (current RE practice- never offered to repeat progest- Aamitha). He said he would have done bloodwork after AF didn't come from stopping progesterone suppos bc AF should have come, cysts didn't matter. He said my Re suggesting 7.5mg Femara is a good plan and reccomends it. He said I don't have to use provera now to get AF but we didn't go farther about that. I'm still wondering if I should switch doctors or continue as there's more to the story.
Anyway, I go home and by 12:15 I'm using the bathroom and guess what.....my period starts! Can you believe it??? After 52days and 2 doctor visits today AF starts. I started laughing and then told my nanny. I had to tell someone. Anyway, we'll be starting Femara 7.5mg in 2 or 3 days depending on if I declare cd1. So glad to be moving forward but a bit confused. I'll have a cd12 US and if we need more push we'll add follistim at that point. At least we'll know if we respond to femara still. And then 20mins later we get into the car and my daughter's fav song comes on the radio and it starts sprinkling with the sun completely out with a blue sky. I just laugh and laugh.
EDIT- So I must have actually ovulated to eventually get my period. I still believe it wasn't a good strong ovulation and they triggered me slightly early in hopes of releasing just 1 follicle.
Today was definitely a whirlwind that ended really great! Having my cysts gone and then getting AF was exactly what I wanted! Better late than never also! Right now I'm really excited and feeling positive! My DH reminded me this that we are back to the medicine that we got our DD with. So that made me feel great! My parents are even excited as I told them about my aptmts today. My dad said "so you can try to get pregnant now?" He was so cute about it as he loves my DD so much! I'm considering switching REs if I have a strange situation occur again or if I feel like my RE is getting frustrated with me. Ultimately we think he's a good guy (and we're going to just work with him now and not see both as it was getting confusing) but sometimes we think they don't do quite what I want in wierd situations. So we're going to stay with them for now and take it slow and see what happens.
Thanks for sticking with me ladies. I'm feeling like we're getting close! I'd love for this cycle to be the one! :)
Kitty :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
So glad you have a plan & that AF showed for you!! I will keep my fingers & toes that this cycle is the one for you to see your BFP!!
Glad you have a plan. It's tough that infertility treatment is not an exact science, so different doctors will disagree about what happened and what is best. I find it interesting that suddenly conclusions are being made by the doctors that I said back when those things were happening to you (like, not scrapping a cycle and adding injects, that last cycle you didn't actually ovulate, etc)! lol.
Hopefully this will all be over soon and you'll be pregnant!
yay for af's arrival!!! all positive kitty. i'm happy that things are looking better. i'll be crossing my fingers and that cd12 will be even better news. :)
Post a Comment