So today's aptmt went well and they found the heartrate (HR) again as soon as they put the doppler to my belly. We were so happy to hear Lolly's HR again and it seems like all is going well. They said Lolly's HR was 140-145 today. Before it has been 11wks-160, 14wks 2days-150-155 and today 15wks-140-145. So any gender guesses ladies? I don't know what to think. :)
And they scheduled our big ultrasound (US) aptmt for the 2nd week in May. I pray that everything on Lolly is healthy, normal and looks good!!! I'm a bit nervous about finding out the gender but DH reassures me it will be exciting. :) I want us to take that afternoon off to spend it together and enjoy our news. He doesn't get much time off from work and is taking a day tomorrow to study for exams (grad school) and we are taking a week in June for a beach trip but hopefully he'll make it happen. I'd really like to spend that time with him and not just go back home to work and he back to his work since it will be such a very special day!
Anyway, things are moving along well. Glad our aptmt will be during our 18wk and not much past then. Nice of them not to make us wait longer.
:) Hope you are all well.
______________________________________
Update on my mom- I hate to even include this update in here bc the rest is all good news and fun stuff about the baby but here it is. I emailed her last week saying I didn't want us to be mad anymore and blah blah blah. she responded saying nice email and we'd talk about my anger. (not anything about she was sorry for being so mean and rude, but "we'll talk about my anger." Yeah- who wouldn't be angry at their mom for saying what my mom said........and it makes me feel like she's back to teaching elementary aged kids ..."We'll talk about your anger." I hate it when she talks down to us bc she's very far from being "all-knowing" if you know what I mean. Remember my therapist thinks she is narsassistic. (sp?)) Well now she's got this mouth infection and it hurts but she still decorated for my cousins's wedding and was at the wedding speaking to people. I had to go say hello and goodbye and hug her but she didn't really even speak to me. And earlier in the day she dropped off our easter basket but didn't even ring bell or knock, just left it on front door. She's done this before and it just amazes me. So today she emails me asking to borrow something for a party she's having- oh yes a party in 2 weeks, and i say she can borrow it but lets all get together for dinner or go see a movie. She says she doesn't do much but watch tv bc of her mouth and says we can get together with my dad or just meet up with him to give me the pot. So to me this is blowing me off again. Talked to my dad and he said she's really not doing anything bc of the bad pain but I still think it's an excuse. If she can watch tv why can't she watch a movie with us.......who does these things to their daughter who's almost half way through her pregnancy with the first grandchild not to mention a major life event for her (me)! It makes me mad. If she makes no effort to see me in the next few weeks then I don't think I'm going to make a big effort to go see them over mother's day. Not trying to play her game but I'm not going to be nice to her and do something special for her when she keeps ignoring me and missing out on this major event in my life. Oh it makes me so mad and sad. It's like I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't. Why can't she just grow up and act like a normal mom. Looks like I'll be having a 2nd aptmt with my old therapist to talk to her about my mom again. And I can't even talk to DH about it today or tomorrow bc he has his exams for this term right now. I don't want to distract him when he's worked so hard. Anyway, so mad.....this is so riduclous. But I don't know what to do....it's so hard bc I'm emotionally involved and I really want her to be a part of my pregnancy.....what do you do in these situations??? I feel like the only way to have her involved is let her act the way she wants and I have to keep ignoring it or fix it if we disagree. She never fixes it or even trys. But that's so hard and makes me mad that she thinks what she does to us/mostly me is ok....I realized at my cousin's wedding how much drama there is on my mom's side of the family. It almost pains me to watch and hear it. It was just one thing after another. On a rainy day when we're all bored and have nothing to do maybe i'll tell you some of the drama events at the wedding. And darn it. the stress and sadness made me eat ice cream again today. Bad, bad, bad.
Until then I'm going to bask in the glory of baby Lolly!!! I know DH and I are going to continue our own life with baby Lolly and create the family we want with the addition of our wonderful and amazing baby Lolly!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
One thing that my friend always says (the one I mentioned on the email) is to be the bigger person and not stoop to her level. I know it's hard, but maybe she'll realize what she's doing is wrong. I'll email you tonight. Oh and eating ice cream isn't so bad...it's sooooo good. :)
Post a Comment