Yes, you heard that right. Mom sent me a really nice email about missing me, wanting me to forgive her and apologizing, and asking for us to have a shopping day!!! This is exactly what I've wanted for the last few weeks! I'm still in awwww......but so very happy! What a great start to a fabulous weekend!!! This never happens, it's amazing! I'm so happy!!! I guess me waiting to be in touch made her realize she had to do something.....I'm usually the one to fix it.....Hallelujah it's better! I already responded with a sweet email as well! Funny thing is I meant to call her yesterday and didn't and felt badly about it but obviously i was meant to wait so she could make this effort and fix it better. I don't think she would have said any of this if we'd talked yesterday and I had called. I'm so glad I got all of this from her. It really warms my heart.
One thing I need help on---- she asked if we had our Big US aptmt yet and if she could come?!! So what would you guys do??? I'd love for her to be a part of it and I want her more involved but should I keep this to just DH and I?? DH said it's up to me and I honestly don't think he cares.....I tried calling our OBGYN office to see if we could bring in a dvd to tape the US as I've read that some machines have that capability. We'll see what they say. That might be a solution to my mom not being there but getting to enjoy the whole ultrasound! Another thing- my mom and I both lean a little to the pink side and I don't want any disappointment in the room that day if it's a boy and not a girl. Do you think this is something to think about or not at all? If I decide to let her come I could just tell her that upfront. She said she also wants to be the first to buy an outfit per the gender- I think this is great and I'm happy to tell her first once we start calling people. We changed our aptmt to 2 days later so my DH and I could go to our aptmt and then leave together and go hangout or grab dinner and bask in the news! and what about the part of the Us where they are checking out baby Lolly.....I'm afraid my mom will be really nervous and if anything is wrong or is questioned and I need a FU (praying to God this won't happen) my mom may worry. I'm not sure what to do......I think I really want to include her but just not sure about it. I realize i'm being very kind to even consider this after everything the last month but I also realize this is a big event- first grandchild and my parents couldn't have children (we're adopted) so even bigger for them. Additionally, it will just be dH during my delivery of baby Lolly so maybe I should share this big event.....let me know your thoughts!!
I hope you all have wonderful weekends! I feel so much better now since my mom emailed me and DH and I finally get to spend time together since he finished his exams!
Kitty :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
I don't think I'd let mom in. I kinda hate saying that since your adopted right? And therefore being there might mean more to her since she never got to experience that herself. Argh! The guilt! But still, this is the start of your family and it seems more natural if it's just you and your DH (and the tech).
If you decide to tell her no, maybe it will be easier if you assure her that she will be the first person you call after the appointment and you'll get a picture/dvd/whatever for her.
I definitely think the decision as your but if you want it just you and hubby you are 110% validated in that decision with nothing to feel bad about at all....Its nice your mom is trying now but its also something so beautiful and intimate to share with hubby!
Good luck! Whatever your decision its the right thing!!!
Kitty, I'm so glad to hear you got a nice email from your mom! That's great news!!!
I think you and hubby should have that moment to yourselves, but it's total your decision. What you can do to make it up to her is frame one of the u/s pics and give it to her as a gift.
I'm really glad to hear that your mom is coming around. I hope that it continues to get better.
Have a wonderful weekend especially shopping day with mom.
I'm so glad you got a nice email from your mom!
I'm not sure what you should do about the ultrasound. You wanted to have a nice day with DH, but your mom being there would change the tone of the day. But if you want her there, then that's fine...
If you decide against it, just tell her it's because you want it to be a special thing between you and DH.
That being said, I understand how difficult that is. I invited my mom to go to my clinic with me for monitoring one day because DH couldn't go (and it's an hour away, so it's a long drive to do alone). Then suddenly he COULD go and I didn't have the heart to uninvite my mom. She was so excited about seeing where I go. I couldn't disappoint her. So it ended up being a threesome, because both DH and my mom wanted to go.
You'll have to let us know what you decide.
Post a Comment