#2

Lolly's big Reveal is approaching

The date has been moved so we could have a later in the afternoon appointment and then take off the afternoon and spend it together over dinner or whatever we want to do! I just wanted it to be special since this is a big day and our lives have been so hectic with dH in grad school and working and with my family drama. I'd hoped for the same day as our original aptmt- May 11, but 2 days later will do. :)

So......the big day is..........Wednesday, May 13th. Yes, 3 short weeks from today! It's hard to believe. I pray that everything is healthy and good with baby Lolly!!!! That is my first request and I'm happy to stop right there. And if baby Lolly wants to share with us, we'll find out if Lolly is a Lolly He or Lolly She. :)

I told my boss the news yesterday and it went very well. She was excited for us and seemed good with our extended maternity leave plan. I'm hoping to take 4-5 months off. I will ask her about my 4 9-hour day work week a little later. That's my hope is that I work 4, 9-hour days and fill in the last few hours over the weekends. That or just stop at 4, 9-hour days. I think having Fridays off with the baby will be great! My counterpart in the EU has Weds off so I'm hoping that blazes the trail for me!

Dh finished his 2 exams and now has about a week of freedom before his next school term starts up. We're going to enjoy every minute of it! We're both so exicted! Dinner with friends tonight, something tomorrow night, guy poker night Friday, Saturday- yardwork, stain the deck, hangout, Sun- maybe lake/beach day and fun things like that! I'm so looking forward to time with him. Right now I'm trying to focus only on baby Lolly and DH!!! :)

Thanks for your support friend!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Awesome, Kitty!
I hope everything works out for you with your maternity leave. Hey, if you move to Canada you can have a year long maternity leave.

libby-ct said...

sounds great! I'm interested in hearing more about telling your boss, though... Although I don't yet have any news to share, I'm curious how that conversation goes... ttyl!