#2

Nov 3rd- Another update from OBGYN office

So, I'm glad the OBGYN office is so good about returning calls, answering questions and following up but boy do I feel like I learn something new each time. It's like a little more comes to light with each additional phone call.

So here's todays update: I should take the progesterone pills until AF starts or complete them and wait for AF. I had never been told AF may come before finishing the pills,,,,,,hmmm. (That would be great!!! It would shorten my wait) Then once my period comes, I'm to call the office on day 1 of my period so they can document AF starting. They said not to worry with an US (ultrasound) this cycle and just do the progesterone test between days 21-23. When I call on day 1 of my period they will tell me when I should come in for my progesterone bloodwork. That progesterone # won't mean too much until I either get my next period and we know I ovulated, I get pregnant and I know I ovulated, or don't get my period after 35days and have a negative pregnancy test. (HPT-home pregnancy test) So at least now I know I don't have to think about an US this cycle. The nurse was so helpful and I thanked her for all of the follow-up.

I've spent a good hour or so on my insurance website trying to figure out about costs of specialists, ultrasounds, and reading about all this. It's amazing how many women this affects yet we all have to spend time researching and hunting. If I were to redo my career, I'd go into fertility/infertility and open up a practice with OBGYNs, REs, and support groups. I'd run my office like no other and ensure women have the info if they want it. Hmmm.....maybe I will be able to do this in my lifetime. I think it is something I would become extremely passionate about. I'd love to help other women with this. I think that's why I relate so much to my nurse practioner OBGYN. She really cares and I can tell. Plus she's very passionate about this. It might be too late to be an MD in this arena but I could still do this from another side. (practice owner, business manager, communications manager, patient advocate and manager)

We get invited to holiday parties, plan get togethers, think about long runs on the weekend and always wonder if I'll be pregnant by then and if I'll be able to have a glass of wine, or run the 8miles and it's all out of my control. :) I know I'm protected and watched over and I know God will help us out with this one. I'd love to just take a peek at his calendar though! :)

No comments: