#2

Back from 1st RE appointment- Nov 26

So I'm back after my 1st RE appointment! And............ it looks like I didn't O. We did an US and looked at my ovaries and they look like PCOS ovaries with the pearl like circles throughout. There was one larger follicle but still too small he said, all the others were small. I've emailed him to ask about how he knows I didn't O and if my US would look differently if I had?!! I still want to know how you know when you look at the US, does anyone know??????????? They got blood from me for more testing and to confirm whether or not I have PCOS but looks like I might based on annovulatory cycles, the US pics, and if bloodwork comes back showing signs. (although bw before didn't show signs, one result was on the boarder but OBGYN thought I didn't have it) There were no abnormalities on the US. DH will give a semen sample sometime in the next 2-3 weeks. I will be doing an HSG test sometime after my period and before CD12. I will also go in for a CD12 US to see how things are progressing. He mentioned the trigger shot but said he'll probably hold off on it next round as he really doesn't want to overload me. But he mentioned it so that's a good thing.
I liked him. He's probably mid 30s and pretty serious, but I made some jokes to lighten it up. He's very smart! I need to continue asking questions so he'll explain it to me. I need to ask him if he'll call me with blood results or if i have to wait until I see him next during the HSG appointment. It was nice to have DH there for part of the time. He had to leave after an hour. We had to wait about 20mins but he got to hear most of it. Too bad he didn't get to see the US but he already looked up pics online. I really was hoping this would finally be the Dr. that says "I have had many patients like you and we did blah blah treatment/medicine and it worked and I think it will work for you too in no time." But they never say that, or at least not the ones I'm going to, not yet. He's nice but they never reassure you much! Why is that?!!??? (are they worried about over promising and under delivering?)
So there we have it. I didn't O as thought. I will be starting another waiting game of progesterone pills, higher clomid dosage and then the appointments begin. I will start progesterone again tonight to induce a period and then will try 150mg of clomid days 3-7. I'm not looking forward to the HSG test due to the cramping that will occur but I want them to rule it out. I feel like it will just be this annovulatory thing we need to work on. Once I get to O'ing I feel like we'll get successful with a BFP! For those of you that have had the HSG test, how bad was the cramping?
I mentioned to the RE that I'm interested in working in a fertility setting at some point. The RE and I both have a masters in clinical research and he's interested in bringing fertility clinical trials to this practice to help couples with costs and new treatments. I'm thinking this may lead to a good opportunity for both me and their clinic. We'll see. Maybe this is why I'm supposed to be going through all of this.
This has really consumed my day not only the appointment and then waiting at LABCORP forever for BW but also prepping and having trouble with printer for printing charts, and writing down history info. At least now it's on to Thanksgiving and I can drink! I think a drink will do me good! After all I'll be taking progesterone to induce AF!
I'm thinking of you all! Still positive about this journey just tired of the waiting game. I must admit I'm also SAD that I won't be getting the Christmas present I really wanted......a pregnancy! But maybe I'll get it just after new years! CD1 should be around December 10th.

No comments: