Doctor called and gave update
So I just got off the phone with my first MD OBGYN. He was working with me during October. He was following up to make sure I had my questions answered and said the following. My progesterone was very low at day 24. It was .6. (I think my test in July had a result of 2. ) He likes to see a 10 or better for ovulation. So they don't think I'm ovulating. (makes sense also since I haven't gotten AF on my own after stopping BCP in May) I asked him about the possiblity of doing an ultrasound (US) this cycle before the progesterone test and he said the progesterone test is a lot cheaper and will tell you if you ovulated. I guess I'm thinking the US will tell me if I have follicles that are maturing as well. I feel like I need to know both for any possible future treatments if needed. (maybe I'll call my insurance to get a price on that ultrasound) Anyone know US prices? Or at least what you paid for it? He then said people are seeking more aggressive treatments these days and if I don't O on 100mg of clomid he'll probably send me to a Reproductive Endocrinologist. He said yes, they would be the ones to use HGC/HCG shots (trigger shots) or deprolupron. I'm wondering if I should call them now....to monitor me this month? Let me know your thoughts if you've been through this or worked with an RE. I don't want to waste time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment