So today I met with a woman who is in a practice of 4 full time OBGYNs and 2 part time OBGYNs (5 female and 1 male). I really liked her but realize I'll have to rotate through all of the doctors. I met with another practice about a week ago that is a 1 man OBGYN practice. I like that he'll be my doctor but will he be worn out from being the only MD at this practice? Or is he so good and being the only one that he is who I want? I liked him and he even had a bible on his desk and told me "God bless your baby!" Very touching. I liked it but it was more than what I'm used to but I liked him. I think I'd normally prefer a woman and a MD that I know will be my MD but it doesn't seem I'm quite able to find that combo yet. I think after the baby is due I'd prefer to see a female so maybe that will help make my choice.
Any comments or suggestions are appreciated. What do you think- go with a practice with 1 MD where you know he'll know you and be your doc and I liked him. Or go with the other practice where I liked the woman but know I'll have to rotate through all of them and not sure who will deliver me? Keeling in mind that after the baby is due I can have a woman as my GYN at this practice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
I think I would go with the group, female doc that you liked. I go to a male ob/gyn in a practice with 8 docs, 2 MW, and 2NP and I have never had to seen anyone but him so far. (Even when I was preggo 4 yrs ago) If you liked her better I would go with her.
HTH!
I would also choose the group. you may think "oh one guy, it will be more personal" but in all actuality he will be seeing so many women all the time you will have to remind him all the time of who you are. I prefer male doctors becuase I had a female OBGYN actually make me faint she hurt me so bad, and the men stop when you say it hurts because they aren't like "oh i know it doesn't hurt that bad, suck it up" because they have no idea. Also they will tell you who will be most likely to deliver your baby. Yes you will rotate but you will have a main obgyn who will be most focused on your case. At least thats how my sisters practice did it.
Post a Comment