So I've always been the person that never shuts friends out even when I had big things going on like grad school and work, dating a new guy, getting engaged and planning a wedding, getting married and going on a honeymoon, buying a house, and now being pregnant. Infact I'm the person that includes everyone, keeps in touch with them and plans fun things and invites everyone to them. But one of my best friends totally forgot about everyone but herself during her first pregnancy 3.5 years ago and now another one of my good friends is doing the same thing and it hurts my feelings. Anyone else go through this?
This time it was one of my only friends who knew some details about our IF journey and we talked as we'd been friends since hs and were both TTC and went walking together 1-2x a week all summer long. Then she gets pregnant in Sept and does't tell anyone for 12wks which is fine, esp since she had a mc a year ago, but now I'm the only one still doing anything to maintain the friendship at this time. First I was calling her to see how she was, then emailing and now emailing and she'll respond with 1-2 sentences. She asked about nursery furniture stores and stuff and I gave her info and she's yet to ask "how are you" or "how are things" or " do you have news to share as you seem to know a lot about these things?" Also we went to dinner together about 2 months ago and she didn't ask about me the entire dinner. It was just us at dinner too. I finally gave her an update just to do so. How do you have dinner with a friend and never ask about them? During that dinner I told her that we were having a successful month (it was our Femara cycle) and that we were basically waiting to find out if we were pregnant. After that and still she never asked how I am.
Well her babyshower is coming up in 3 weeks and I'm just not feeling it. I will go, buy her a nice present and do the right thing. But part of me wants to show up and somehow have her overhear me telling one of her friends that we're pregnant. But I won't, bc the first thing I see happening is she saying "oh my gosh, congrats, why didn't you tell me?!" And then I'd feel bad. She's really a sweet girl but why do some people totally forget their friends when pregnant?! I don't mean to be selfish but I really care for my friends and when a good friend totally forgets you and doesn't even ask about you for weeks it's hurtful, all the while I continue to contact her and send her info to help and answer her questions.
Any suggestions? I'm thinking I'll just see what type, if any, communication I get from her between now and her shower. Or I could try and get together with her in about 2 weeks before the shower to tell her our news and also tell her I got my feelings hurt. I don't know, I sometimes think this is good to tell people so they realize and then part of me thinks it's not needed and just be the bigger person.
Oh well. I know I'll be fine. I just hate when these things happen. Sorry if I sound like a baby.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
I would be hurt, too. Some people are just more self-centred than others. And I don't mean that in a rude way. Some people honestly just don't think of others as naturally as other people do. Just feel good that you're not one of those people:)
ugh-- it is so frustrating when friends do this, and you're left wondering if they really are friends after all. Hang in there - even though she's not showing it, I'm sure she really cares for you. I like your plan to wait and see what kind of communication (if any) you get from her in the next couple of weeks...
Sorry to hear about the friend. I have one good friend since junior high. We went through pregnancies, heart aches, dramas and so much more together. She was always one of my BMs.
We don't talk as much. I'll get a call probably once a month. I gave up calling her because she's never home and leaving a mess is totally worthless.
But, honestly, right now I rather not talk to her because all she can say to me is "better you pregnant than me". That really bothers me. Anyways, hopefully your friend will come around.
As for your question about the NST, I did do the first tri screening, but no ultrasound was done. At first hubby didn't want to do, but after thought it would be good. That way if something were to come up we can be prepared. I didn't worry about it I had complete faith in GOD. I think the first screening needs to be done before 12w and something day. Good luck if you decided on doing it.
Maybe she is insecure about talking to you about your trying to get pregnant because she feels badly that she is pregnant and you aren't(or at least not to her knowledge). Or,it could be that she is shallow and self centered. Personally, I am not sure if I would go to the shower. She sounds like the type who would not go to your shower because her baby is napping or something.
Post a Comment