OMG- I just have to give you ladies this update. So today I called the 1 man OBGYN practice that I liked so much and asked them a few more questions about Cesarian % and how many babies they deliver a month and what I should expect at each appointment if I started coming to them. They answered all questions and had a lower Cesarian rate than others. So I felt really good about it and the nurse and front desk coordinator I spoke with were soooooooo helpful and so sweet! One of the girls even told me that her babies were delivered by the Dr. and that she wouldn't have it any other way. That he was so great. And the practice is more like a family environment. Can I say "Music to my ears!" So I made an aptmt with them for next Monday and I'll have my physical, pap, and another US so they can see Lolly and have their own measurements. Needless to say I'm THRILLED! She worked extra hard to get me in next week so the Dr. could do an US and see the baby that way right from the start.
So I call the BAD practice back to cancel my aptmt and ask for a copy of my bloodwork results and can I tell you they don't even have my next appointment in their system! If this isn't a sign I don't know what is then! I had scheduled originally for a Thursday and called back and rescheduled for a Weds because it was a better day for DH to come with me. Well they hadn't even put it in the system. And the woman on the phone was all pissy and rude. She was like "so what's your message?" I repeated myself and said I need to get a copy of my BW results and I need to cancel my aptmt. She said "I'm not going to take that message. I'm going to give you voicemail and you can leave them a message about your BW. " I was like I just told you this so why'd you ask again?! (Just thought that, didn't say it outloud) So when she said I didn't have a aptmt for next week at 11:30, I said "That's a little scary!" So we would have shown up and then they would have said, sorry you don't have an aptmt today and I would have been PISSED. And so would DH. The woman asked if I needed to reschedule and I said, "No, I'm transferring practices." She just said "Ok, that's fine." I bet it's not the first time she's heard that. So anyway, I'm glad to be almost done with them. Just gotta get my BW results from them to take to my new place.
So walking with MIA girl went well. I got there and I said show me your baby stuff, so she did. About 30mins later we started off on our walk. We walked for about30mins and once we talked abotu baby furniture for her and if they'd decided anything she said something about me being able to find what I want when it's time since I know all the stores. And I decided then to go aheda and tell her. I said "Well speaking of baby furniture, we are looking now because we're pregnant." And I told her how far along. And I told her I was sorry that we hadn't been enjoying our pregnancies together and that I had wished she'd asked me about it. She said she was being sensitive to my situation and I said I thought of that too, but wished you'd even asked me "How are you, what's new, what are you up to?" and told her it had been months since she'd done that. She apoligized and felt really bad and said she deserved that and was glad I told her. I told her I was really sorry that I didn't mean to let my emotions take over and she said she was just glad I gave her another chance. I told her I'd always be her friend but was glad to see her and be sharing the news with her. So we talked about me and Lolly and then she asked me about my OBGYN and I told her I was thinking of switching and turns out she goes to the BAD OBGYN place but has only had good experiences. So it totally depends on your experience. But she understood my concern. Anyway, the rest of our time was nice and we talked about both pregnancies and had a good time. She is a good friend and was just trying to be sensitve but instead was MIA. I'm gald we talked, even though it's not my norm to lay it all out on the table. So things are good again and I'm looking forward to her baby shower this coming weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
ok, that was TOTALLY a sign - so glad that you're changing doctors and feel so good about it!
Also so glad to hear that your walk with little miss MIA went well!
Good thing you were switching docs!
Your MIA friend reminds me of my SIL... she's pregnant and knows I'm infertile and doesn't ask me about my problems but expects me to care about hers. But of course, her not asking about me is her being sensitive, give me a break. Drives me nuts.
I'm glad MIA is back in your life. And I'm glad you told her how you felt.
My SIL is the same as above. She knows we are dealing with infertility but never asks anything about it. She was too absorbed in her pregnancy. And now the baby is here and she still won't ask about anything. So sometimes I just force it on her, just so we have something to talk about. Plus, I'm sick of pretending.
Post a Comment