#2

Jan 28th- Beta #2 and Beta #3 scheduled

So my Beta came back today at 93.9. Monday it was 51. So it didn't quite double but it's close. So they told me to schedule another one on Friday. I asked the nurse if they see this a lot, where it's not quite double and then the # shoots up, she said yes, they see it often. I also read online that others have had this or that some doctors say it can take 3 days to double or just want to see an increase by 66% in 2 days. So anyway, hopefully my # will just be glorious and huge on Friday. :) (Plus I don't know where they'll take the blood bc I have a huge bruise on my rt arm from Monday and will probably have one on my left arm after today. Why do they have to stick you and then push the needle up into your arm. Can we say OUCH and BRUISES!! Anyway, please pray for us and that baby Lolly's HCG levels more double by Friday. :) Please share any + news you know about Betas. I'd love some reasurrence. :)

All else is well. Just in the waiting game again. :) Staying positive!

Just found this:
Human chorionic gonadotropin (commonly known as hCG), is produced by your body during pregnancy. It is produced by cells that form the placenta. hCG can first be detected by a blood test around 11 days after conception. It can be generally detected about 12 - 14 days by a urine test. hCG level will double rougly every 72 hours. (I'm hoping that i'm fine since mine are doubling about every 51-53 hours) The levels will reach their peak in the 8 - 11 weeks of pregnancy (the third month) and then will decline and level off for the remainder of the pregnancy.
Caution should be used in making too much of hCG numbers. You may very well have low hCG numbers but still deliver a wonderfully perfect and healthy baby. Ultrasound results after 5-6 weeks of gestation are much more reliable and accurate than using hCG numbers.

2 comments:

gee said...

I wouldn't worry too much. Your #s are pretty close to where your dr wanted it to be. Don't stress. Your & lolly are in my thoughts and prayers.

Just Believing said...

Sounds like pretty good news but I will pray those numbe keep going up! I am going back to acupunture man on friday and going to my regular general doctor and going to beg for some metaformin. He knows we've been tyringa while so fingers crossed!