#2

Update on the irony of things today- January 7th

So today was all about pregnant people. One of my good friends was finding out the sex of her baby. And even though she hadn't been in touch much over the last 2 months and she knew she was one of my only local friends that knew we were having challenges and taking meds I emailed her again to wish her well today. I was happy when she called me to tell me she was having a boy but she had another call beep in and had to take it before she even asked about me. But I'm ok with it as a lot of people just don't know how to support us and she's in her own world as any happy pregnant person should be I suppose. Before she called, a employee who I used to manage (until I got out of management 2 months ago) called to tell me she and her DH got unexpectedly pregnant and she's in shock and not doing so well. She wants kids but not for a few years. So I talked her through this and told her I am here for her if she needs anything and in a few weeks she'll think it's a miracle. Right now she's still in shock. Then had tea/coffee tonight with another good friend who has been TTC since May. I was hoping she would have good news but nothing yet and is about to get some testing done. (hsg, SA, CM test, cd21 test and then possibly start clomid and start with an RE, I also suggested accupuncture and she said she was thinking about it) She and I talked at length and it was so good to talk with her. She told me however that one of her good friends had said they'd start trying end of year/beginning of Jan and they'd had them over for dinner and such and then a week after having them over in december the girl called my friend and said "I wanted to tell you and i didn't before, I'm 3 months pregnant!" And "I feel sorry for you!" What in the world.....how could you lay that news on someone when you just saw them and didn't say a word and then tell them you feel sorry for them bc they're not pregnant yet and you got pregnant right away!???? I felt so badly for my friend. I told her that's one of the reasons I don't tell people. I don't want anyone to feel sorry for me or act weird, or respond strangely or talk about me. I could tell my friend had been really hurt by this "instant pregnant" friend who said she just didn't know how to tell her......well in the end it hurt her more than if she'd just told her. I'm glad I could be there for my friend and we can talk about this as we go through it together. I know she's anxious and ready to get this show going as well.
The point of my story is today ended up being a day about pregnant people. I was totally fine with it today, had a good day, and even smiled in their happiness. These days will come for us too!!! It's funny that you get more and more surrounded by pregnant people as we continue this journey. I do know it will happen for us too but I find curiosity in these stories and the order or who gets pregnant.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

life really is ironic! I'm sure it means a lot to your friends that you're being so supportive of them when they need you. I feel like I'm surrounded by pregnancy also, just not my own. Tell me more about these pregnancy statues, please?!