Friday---So i had lunch with my mom today and told her pretty soon after she got there that I'd been diagnosed with PCOS and we talked about that and my childhood signs and how I had high testosterone levels when younger too. (she too had pcos) And then I told her the rest. She and my dad went through clomid and injects for 2 years before adopting my brother and then me. So she's been there and understands. She had PCOS, endo, tube issues, etc. My dad called me tonight to say he was sorry we were facing this but totally supported us and was there for us. My mom said the same thing today. She brought up accupuncture as some of her best friend's daughters also had trouble TTC and used accupuncture and it helped get them preggers. (some of them had PCOS too, she couldn't believe we'd all had trouble as what are those odds) Anyway it was great to talk with my mom. It was a big release and i think brought us even closer. My dad told me he gave my mom injections for about 2 years and then finally decided they didn't want the dr.'s doing anything else to her so why not adopt and that's what they did. My mom was so nice and said they'd help contribute some $ for injects or Accupuncture.
So after my lunch i got back to work and called the accupuncture clinic linked up with my RE's office and I have my first appointment and treatment tomorrow at 11am. I'm excited!
This brings me to today: January 10th
Accupuncture went well. We talked for a long time then she took my heartbeat and looked at my tounge. Then I rolled over she put some needles in small of back and some in legs. One in small of back made me skirm alot. Then hooked up to clamps to a machine and they started vibrating. Let me sit for 15 mins and told me to focus on my breathing. Then rolled me over and put some im stomach, head, face, arms, feet, legs. One in arm made me skirm quite a bit. And let me sit for about 10mins. I could feel energy moving through my body a few times during the treatment. Then we talked a bit about diet,, yoga, meditation, vitammins and thinking. It was good and i go for my 2nd aptmt on Weds afternoon. I'll keep you posted. I'm probably going to try yoga tomorrow and I bought a meditation cd to use while I do my stomach breathing.
Anyway, I'm glad about Accupuncture and look forward to more treatments. She thinks with my past stress history, and TMJ, and such that I may need help relaxing. So we'll work on that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
how great that you and your parents got to talk about everything! (I've, too, found that being able to share this journey with parents makes a big difference.) The acupuncture sounds great -- I know people who have had success with that. I've never done it, though! It sounds like it was uncomfortable at times?
Yes, there were 2 or 3 posts that shot pain or uncomfortableness up my body but otherwise fine. I think it will help me relax over time. I was relaxed today while in there and they spent over 2 hours with me. (including the intiation visit)
I've heard about acupunctures working for women who are having trouble ttc. Best of luck!
What a wonderful supportive mom! Its one thing my mom doesn't understand at all and its kills me everytime she says " I'm being impatient " or " It will happebn!"
Post a Comment