#2

Saturday, January 17th

Thanks for all the suggestions of when to POAS ladies. I think I'm going to start POAS around 12dpo. I'll let you know if I change my mind. :)

So I met up with a friend last night who's pregnant. We're friends from high school
and thru college and then lost touch for a few years but reconnected this summer
and hungout and went walking each week for a few months. We talked all about getting pregnant and what we were going throguh- very intimate and deep conversations. She waited to tell people she was pregnant this time til about 12 weeks due to a previous miscarriage and ever since she got pregnant she's not been as good about being in touch and she knows all about my medical help and our challneges. Well last night was nice but it was all about her. I've come to realize or believe pregnant people can only talk about themselves. (or at least from some of my experiences with friends who are/have been pregnant, not everyone, but some of them) Another friend was like this when she was pregnant with her first. (But I'm going to be different!!!) We talked about me for maybe 30seconds and then switched back to her. And she didn't say almost anything when i said we were on a new med and have responded well. She said, "so what does that mean?" I said we're basically waiting to see if we're pregnant. And there was no responsee. I wonder if she's confused and I should have said something like "so this will be our first month where we're able to TTC ." (since I finally had O) I might email her and explain as she didn't say anything when I said "we're waiting to see if we're pregnant!" Wonder if she thinks we did IVF or something. She's pregnant but new to all the lingo and how to get pregnant. It kinda makes me laugh as some people get pregnant and don't even know how they did. And we know everything about our cycles and all the medical terminology. Oh well- neither is right just different journeys we take. My friend is really sweet and I'm so happy for her but it is interesting. Sometimes I admire the "just go for it" attitude and "all will fall into place" but it makes me laugh a little when many of us have planned for children, the expenses, saving vacation time at work and such and we're the ones that have to try harder for kids and wait longer. I know it will all work out in time and it's not a competition about who planned the best or who's the most "ready" but isn't it interesting. I know this is generalizing big time but wanted to share. I've heard other women say the same thing and maybe it's that "relax and it will happen thing" and the rest of us "planners/A type people" take a little longer to get relaxed and get the meds working. :) (well hope i didn't bore you with my generalizing and my theories)


I hope everyone has a fabulous weekend! We have very little scheduled which is great. Hope to get a walk in and maybe a run tomorrow. I haven't run in a week and it's weird but probably been good for my body. :)

1 comment:

Just Believing said...

oh i wish you so much luck on your wait and that your positive will be this month! :) thinking of you!